In years modified bentonites have also been used as filling material instead of conventional calcite in developed countries. The degree of whiteness of the bentonites to be used in this sector should be over ISO 85, have high swelling feature and its free bulk density should be 0.2 – 0.3 kg/l.
In order that the bentonites can be used in this sector, it should be calcined gradually at 200°C in size of 1 – 4 mm, should comprise min. 80% montmorillionite, and it should have min. 10% absorbtion feature with 20% relative humidity. And the maximum humidity in its structure should be 2%.
• Karben Bentonite provides excellent adhesion when used with high molecular weight flocculants. PAM used with bentonite generally has high molecular weight and small anionic load.
• Karben Bentonite behaves like a microscopic sponge, absorbing anionic charged substances.
• Karben Bentonite prevents the accumulation of tar, resins and wax; and provides homogeneous distribution of the pigments.
• Karben Bentonite acts as a superior lacquer by absorbing the dye substances.
• Karben Bentonite increases the amount of production.
• Karben Bentonite has convenient ink removal for paper recycling.
• Karben Bentonite increases adhesion and facilitates draining.
• Karben Bentonite improves wet strength stability.
• Karben Bentonite is ideal stabilizer and suspension agent.
• Karben Bentonite increases the effectiveness of fillers.
• Karben Bentonite is fine-grained, preventing the screens from becoming clogged and contamination due to the resins in the paper pulp.